Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 14, 2013 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.66 meters/second, 1593.6 km/hour, 990.2 miles/hour or 860.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 39.3"||990.09 mi||West||0° 11' 34.2"||13.25 mi||North||990.43 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 20.6"||834.74 mi||East||4° 44' 01.4"||325.29 mi||North||899.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:06 PM||654 km||407 miles||353 nm||W|
|Atafu||Mon 2:06 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||W|
|Rawaki||Mon 2:06 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||NW|
|Pago Pago||Sun 2:06 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Mon 3:06 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Mon 3:06 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Mon 2:06 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:06 PM||1256 km||781 miles||678 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:06 PM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:06 PM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.