Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 14, 2013 at 4:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 04:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.49 meters/second, 1596.6 km/hour, 992.1 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 54.1"||991.95 mi||West||0° 11' 40.3"||13.37 mi||North||992.28 mi|
|24 hours||12° 07' 02.0"||830.01 mi||East||4° 45' 16.8"||326.71 mi||North||895.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lae||Mon 2:20 PM||173 km||107 miles||93 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 2:20 PM||177 km||110 miles||96 nm||SSW|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 2:20 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||WNW|
|Arawa||Mon 2:20 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||ENE|
|Gizo||Mon 3:20 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||E|
|Jayapura||Mon 1:20 PM||1000 km||621 miles||540 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Mon 2:20 PM||1012 km||629 miles||547 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Mon 3:20 PM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Mon 1:20 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||WNW|
|Darwin||Mon 1:50 PM||1931 km||1200 miles||1042 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.