Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 14, 2013 at 5:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.73 meters/second, 1597.4 km/hour, 992.6 miles/hour or 862.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 58.5"||992.51 mi||West||0° 11' 42.0"||13.40 mi||North||992.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 25.7"||828.56 mi||East||4° 45' 36.2"||327.08 mi||North||894.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Mon 2:50 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||SSW|
|Ambon||Mon 2:20 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Mon 2:20 PM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Mon 2:20 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||N|
|Same||Mon 2:20 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||W|
|Dili||Mon 2:20 PM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||W|
|Suai||Mon 2:20 PM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Mon 2:20 PM||997 km||620 miles||539 nm||NE|
|Kendari||Mon 1:20 PM||1278 km||794 miles||690 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Mon 1:20 PM||1401 km||871 miles||757 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.