Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 14, 2013 at 6:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 06:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.97 meters/second, 1598.3 kilometres/hour, 993.1 miles/hour or 863.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 03.0"||993.05 mi||West||0° 11' 43.6"||13.43 mi||North||993.36 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 50.4"||827.13 mi||East||4° 45' 53.8"||327.42 mi||North||892.95 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Raba||Mon 2:20 PM||101 km||63 miles||55 nm||SSW|
|Makassar||Mon 2:20 PM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||N|
|Mataram||Mon 2:20 PM||329 km||204 miles||177 nm||WSW|
|Ende||Mon 2:20 PM||329 km||205 miles||178 nm||ESE|
|Denpasar||Mon 2:20 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||WSW|
|Singaraja||Mon 2:20 PM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||W|
|Mamuju||Mon 2:20 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||N|
|Kendari||Mon 2:20 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||NE|
|Kupang||Mon 2:20 PM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||ESE|
|Banjarmasin||Mon 2:20 PM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.