Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 14, 2013 at 7:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.21 meters/second, 1599.2 kilometres/hour, 993.7 miles/hour or 863.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 07.5"||993.58 mi||West||0° 11' 45.2"||13.46 mi||North||993.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 16.2"||825.71 mi||East||4° 46' 09.7"||327.72 mi||North||891.63 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Serang||Mon 2:20 PM||239 km||148 miles||129 nm||NE|
|Bandar Lampung||Mon 2:20 PM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||NNE|
|Bogor||Mon 2:20 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||ENE|
|Jakarta||Mon 2:20 PM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||ENE|
|Bekasi||Mon 2:20 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||ENE|
|Bandung||Mon 2:20 PM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||E|
|The Settlement||Mon 2:20 PM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||SSE|
|Tasikmalaya||Mon 2:20 PM||418 km||259 miles||225 nm||E|
|Cirebon||Mon 2:20 PM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||E|
|Bengkulu||Mon 2:20 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.