Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 14, 2013 at 5:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 17:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.29 meters/second, 1606.7 km/hour, 998.3 miles/hour or 867.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 49.5"||998.25 mi||West||0° 11' 56.2"||13.67 mi||North||998.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 37.2"||812.10 mi||East||4° 47' 14.1"||328.93 mi||North||878.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sobral||Mon 2:20 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||N|
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Mon 2:20 PM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Mon 2:20 PM||288 km||179 miles||155 nm||NE|
|Natal||Mon 2:20 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||E|
|Recife||Mon 2:20 PM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Mon 2:20 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 3:20 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||E|
|Belém||Mon 2:20 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 3:20 PM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Mon 2:20 PM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.