Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 14, 2013 at 17:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 17:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.30 meters/second, 1606.7 km/hour, 998.3 miles/hour or 867.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||north||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 49.6"||998.32 mi||west||0° 11' 56.2"||13.67 mi||north||998.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 35.6"||812.13 mi||east||4° 47' 14.1"||328.96 mi||north||878.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sobral||Mon 2:20 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||NNE|
|Teresina||Mon 2:20 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||W|
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Mon 2:20 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||SE|
|Fortaleza||Mon 2:20 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||NE|
|Natal||Mon 2:20 PM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||E|
|Recife||Mon 2:20 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Mon 2:20 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 3:20 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||E|
|Belém||Mon 2:20 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 3:20 PM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.