Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.59 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.7"||1001.16 mi||West||0° 11' 59.6"||13.73 mi||North||1001.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 01.5"||801.79 mi||East||4° 46' 07.4"||327.65 mi||North||867.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:34 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:34 PM||1396 km||868 miles||754 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 3:34 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 3:34 PM||1889 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Mon 1:34 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 3:34 PM||1928 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 2:34 PM||2010 km||1249 miles||1086 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 1:34 PM||2375 km||1476 miles||1282 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 2:34 PM||2536 km||1576 miles||1369 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Mon 3:34 PM||2787 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.