Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.70 meters/second, 1611.7 kilometres/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.7"||1001.41 mi||West||0° 11' 59.7"||13.74 mi||North||1001.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 01.7"||800.80 mi||East||4° 45' 54.9"||327.42 mi||North||866.25 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Tue 3:24 PM||97 km||60 miles||52 nm||NNE|
|Rawaki||Tue 3:24 PM||138 km||85 miles||74 nm||E|
|Atafu||Tue 3:24 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:24 PM||638 km||397 miles||345 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:24 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||NW|
|Howland Island||Mon 2:24 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:24 PM||1119 km||695 miles||604 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 4:24 PM||1127 km||701 miles||609 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 3:24 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:24 PM||1736 km||1079 miles||938 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.