Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.81 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.6"||1001.65 mi||west||0° 11' 59.7"||13.74 mi||north||1001.85 mi|
|24 hours||348° 24' 58.4"||799.79 mi||west||4° 45' 41.3"||327.15 mi||north||865.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Tue 3:14 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:14 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:14 PM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Tue 3:14 PM||1029 km||639 miles||556 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Tue 3:14 PM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:14 PM||1586 km||985 miles||856 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Tue 4:14 PM||1649 km||1025 miles||891 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Tue 2:14 PM||1771 km||1101 miles||956 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Tue 5:14 PM||1792 km||1114 miles||968 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Tue 2:14 PM||1861 km||1156 miles||1005 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.