Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.85 meters/second, 1612.3 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 27.7"||1001.74 mi||West||0° 11' 59.7"||13.74 mi||North||1001.93 mi|
|24 hours||348° 25' 20.5"||799.42 mi||West||4° 45' 35.9"||327.05 mi||North||864.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Tue 3:34 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:34 PM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:34 PM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Tue 3:34 PM||1161 km||722 miles||627 nm||N|
|Honiara||Tue 2:34 PM||1404 km||872 miles||758 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:34 PM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Tue 2:34 PM||1615 km||1004 miles||872 nm||S|
|Suva *||Tue 4:34 PM||1813 km||1127 miles||979 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 2:34 PM||1838 km||1142 miles||993 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:34 PM||2062 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.