Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 5:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.06 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.8"||1002.20 mi||West||0° 11' 59.6"||13.73 mi||North||1002.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 37.9"||797.37 mi||East||4° 45' 03.4"||326.43 mi||North||862.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Tue 3:20 PM||340 km||212 miles||184 nm||SSW|
|Lae||Tue 3:20 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Tue 2:20 PM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Tue 3:20 PM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Tue 2:20 PM||1295 km||805 miles||699 nm||W|
|Cairns||Tue 3:20 PM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Tue 2:20 PM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Tue 4:20 PM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Tue 4:20 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||NE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 3:20 PM||1830 km||1137 miles||988 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.