Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.39 meters/second, 1614.2 km/hour, 1003.0 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.6"||1002.95 mi||West||0° 11' 58.9"||13.72 mi||North||1003.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 05.6"||793.72 mi||East||4° 43' 52.9"||325.08 mi||North||858.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Padang||Tue 3:34 PM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Tue 3:34 PM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|Pekanbaru||Tue 3:34 PM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||NE|
|Jambi||Tue 3:34 PM||567 km||353 miles||306 nm||E|
|Pematangsiantar||Tue 3:34 PM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||N|
|Malacca City||Tue 4:34 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NE|
|Medan||Tue 3:34 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||N|
|Seremban||Tue 4:34 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Tue 3:34 PM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||E|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 4:34 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.