Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 12:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 12:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.71 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.0"||1003.68 mi||West||0° 11' 57.1"||13.69 mi||North||1003.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 00.4"||789.40 mi||East||4° 42' 06.1"||323.05 mi||North||852.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Garissa||Tue 3:34 PM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||NW|
|Kismayo||Tue 3:34 PM||264 km||164 miles||142 nm||ENE|
|Mombasa||Tue 3:34 PM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||SSW|
|Nairobi||Tue 3:34 PM||414 km||257 miles||224 nm||W|
|Arusha||Tue 3:34 PM||471 km||293 miles||254 nm||WSW|
|Nakuru||Tue 3:34 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||WNW|
|Zanzibar City||Tue 3:34 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||SSW|
|Dar es Salaam||Tue 3:34 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||SSW|
|Kisumu||Tue 3:34 PM||664 km||413 miles||358 nm||WNW|
|Mogadishu||Tue 3:34 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.