Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 2:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 14:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.84 meters/second, 1615.8 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.0"||1003.96 mi||West||0° 11' 55.8"||13.66 mi||North||1004.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 07.1"||787.35 mi||East||4° 41' 06.1"||321.90 mi||North||850.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Franceville||Tue 3:32 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||ESE|
|Aconibe||Tue 3:32 PM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||NNW|
|Libreville||Tue 3:32 PM||332 km||207 miles||179 nm||WNW|
|Dolisie||Tue 3:32 PM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||SSE|
|Port-Gentil||Tue 3:32 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||W|
|Ebebiyín||Tue 3:32 PM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||N|
|Pointe-Noire||Tue 3:32 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||S|
|Bata||Tue 3:32 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NW|
|Cabinda||Tue 3:32 PM||480 km||299 miles||259 nm||S|
|Brazzaville||Tue 3:32 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.