Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.13 meters/second, 1616.9 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.9"||1004.61 mi||West||0° 11' 45.9"||13.47 mi||North||1004.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 41.7"||777.75 mi||East||4° 34' 46.7"||314.67 mi||North||837.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:34 PM||2631 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 2:34 PM||2667 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 4:34 PM||2885 km||1792 miles||1558 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 2:34 PM||3469 km||2156 miles||1873 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 2:34 PM||3736 km||2321 miles||2017 nm||SW|
|Hermosillo||Tue 5:34 PM||3958 km||2459 miles||2137 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 4:34 PM||4022 km||2499 miles||2172 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Tue 7:34 PM||4040 km||2510 miles||2181 nm||SE|
|San Francisco||Tue 4:34 PM||4259 km||2646 miles||2300 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Tue 5:34 PM||4266 km||2651 miles||2304 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.