Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.13 meters/second, 1616.9 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.0"||1004.61 mi||West||0° 11' 45.9"||13.47 mi||North||1004.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 40.2"||777.72 mi||East||4° 34' 45.3"||314.64 mi||North||837.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 2:36 PM||2577 km||1601 miles||1392 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 2:36 PM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 4:36 PM||2893 km||1797 miles||1562 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 2:36 PM||3429 km||2131 miles||1852 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 2:36 PM||3697 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||SW|
|Hermosillo||Tue 5:36 PM||3989 km||2479 miles||2154 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 4:36 PM||4042 km||2511 miles||2182 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Tue 7:36 PM||4074 km||2531 miles||2200 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:36 PM||4252 km||2642 miles||2296 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco||Tue 4:36 PM||4272 km||2655 miles||2307 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.