Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 1:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 01:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.13 meters/second, 1616.9 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.9"||1004.60 mi||West||0° 11' 44.2"||13.44 mi||North||1004.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 44.9"||776.61 mi||East||4° 33' 49.0"||313.57 mi||North||836.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:52 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 3:52 PM||2079 km||1292 miles||1123 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 3:52 PM||2316 km||1439 miles||1251 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:52 PM||2361 km||1467 miles||1275 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 3:52 PM||2583 km||1605 miles||1394 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:52 PM||2659 km||1653 miles||1436 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 3:52 PM||2678 km||1664 miles||1446 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 2:52 PM||2918 km||1813 miles||1576 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:52 PM||3302 km||2052 miles||1783 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 2:52 PM||3472 km||2158 miles||1875 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.