Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.12 meters/second, 1616.8 kilometres/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 34.7"||1004.59 mi||West||0° 11' 43.3"||13.42 mi||North||1004.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 15.3"||776.00 mi||East||4° 33' 17.2"||312.96 mi||North||835.40 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:34 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:34 PM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:34 PM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 4:34 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1043 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:34 PM||2269 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:34 PM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Tue 3:34 PM||2368 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:34 PM||2498 km||1552 miles||1349 nm||S|
|Papeete||Tue 4:34 PM||2524 km||1568 miles||1363 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:34 PM||2697 km||1676 miles||1456 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.