Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 12:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.75 meters/second, 1615.5 km/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 55.1"||1003.76 mi||West||0° 11' 27.4"||13.12 mi||North||1003.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 18.4"||768.21 mi||East||4° 24' 55.3"||303.40 mi||North||823.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Victoria||Wed 4:24 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||S|
|Galkayo||Wed 3:24 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||WNW|
|Mogadishu||Wed 3:24 PM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||W|
|Aden||Wed 3:24 PM||1488 km||925 miles||804 nm||NW|
|Djibouti||Wed 3:24 PM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||NW|
|Sana||Wed 3:24 PM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||NW|
|Addis Ababa||Wed 3:24 PM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||WNW|
|Dar es Salaam||Wed 3:24 PM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||WSW|
|Nairobi||Wed 3:24 PM||2011 km||1249 miles||1086 nm||WSW|
|Moroni||Wed 3:24 PM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.