Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.48 meters/second, 1610.9 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 14.8"||1000.90 mi||West||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||North||1000.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 09.5"||759.83 mi||East||4° 11' 15.7"||287.78 mi||North||809.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:34 PM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 3:34 PM||2847 km||1769 miles||1537 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 3:34 PM||2900 km||1802 miles||1566 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 5:34 PM||3466 km||2154 miles||1872 nm||SSE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 5:34 PM||3704 km||2302 miles||2000 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 6:34 PM||3784 km||2351 miles||2043 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 3:34 PM||3866 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Wed 5:34 PM||3866 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Wed 6:34 PM||4026 km||2502 miles||2174 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Wed 5:34 PM||4059 km||2522 miles||2191 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.