Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 1:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 01:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.48 meters/second, 1610.9 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 14.8"||1000.89 mi||West||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||North||1000.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 09.0"||759.81 mi||East||4° 11' 13.5"||287.74 mi||North||809.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:36 PM||2240 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 3:36 PM||2806 km||1743 miles||1515 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 3:36 PM||2876 km||1787 miles||1553 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 5:36 PM||3479 km||2162 miles||1878 nm||SSE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 5:36 PM||3730 km||2318 miles||2014 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 6:36 PM||3820 km||2374 miles||2063 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 3:36 PM||3832 km||2381 miles||2069 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Wed 5:36 PM||3884 km||2414 miles||2097 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Wed 6:36 PM||4058 km||2521 miles||2191 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Wed 5:36 PM||4085 km||2539 miles||2206 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.