Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 1:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 01:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.46 meters/second, 1610.9 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 15.0"||1000.86 mi||West||0° 10' 59.0"||12.58 mi||North||1000.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 07.4"||759.76 mi||East||4° 11' 06.7"||287.61 mi||North||809.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:42 PM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 3:42 PM||2683 km||1667 miles||1449 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 3:42 PM||2807 km||1744 miles||1516 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 5:42 PM||3520 km||2187 miles||1901 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 3:42 PM||3735 km||2321 miles||2017 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Wed 5:42 PM||3810 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 6:42 PM||3932 km||2443 miles||2123 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:42 PM||3940 km||2448 miles||2128 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco||Wed 5:42 PM||3943 km||2450 miles||2129 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Wed 6:42 PM||4155 km||2582 miles||2243 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.