Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 2:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 02:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.31 meters/second, 1610.3 km/hour, 1000.6 miles/hour or 869.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.3"||1000.51 mi||West||0° 10' 56.1"||12.52 mi||North||1000.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 49.1"||759.13 mi||East||4° 09' 46.4"||286.08 mi||North||808.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:52 PM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:52 PM||1733 km||1077 miles||936 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:52 PM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:52 PM||2383 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 4:52 PM||2670 km||1659 miles||1442 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Thu 4:52 PM||2787 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 4:52 PM||3016 km||1874 miles||1629 nm||S|
|Alofi||Wed 3:52 PM||3146 km||1955 miles||1699 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:52 PM||3183 km||1978 miles||1719 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Wed 3:52 PM||3362 km||2089 miles||1816 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.