Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.78 meters/second, 1608.4 km/hour, 999.4 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.2"||999.33 mi||West||0° 10' 46.6"||12.34 mi||North||999.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 59.6"||757.23 mi||East||4° 05' 21.8"||281.04 mi||North||804.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Thu 5:36 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Thu 4:36 PM||955 km||594 miles||516 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Thu 3:36 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Thu 3:36 PM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Thu 4:36 PM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Thu 3:36 PM||1928 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Thu 6:36 PM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 5:36 PM||2085 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Thu 6:36 PM||2311 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Thu 6:36 PM||2385 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.