Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 6:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 06:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.76 meters/second, 1608.4 km/hour, 999.4 miles/hour or 868.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.4"||999.28 mi||West||0° 10' 46.3"||12.34 mi||North||999.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 58.1"||757.16 mi||East||4° 05' 12.1"||280.85 mi||North||804.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Thu 4:44 PM||847 km||527 miles||458 nm||NNW|
|Saipan||Thu 4:44 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Thu 5:44 PM||1138 km||707 miles||615 nm||E|
|Jayapura||Thu 3:44 PM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Thu 3:44 PM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Thu 3:44 PM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 4:44 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||951 nm||S|
|Honiara||Thu 5:44 PM||2210 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Thu 6:44 PM||2254 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Thu 6:44 PM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.