Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.64 meters/second, 1607.9 km/hour, 999.1 miles/hour or 868.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.1"||999.00 mi||West||0° 10' 44.1"||12.30 mi||North||998.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 48.9"||756.76 mi||East||4° 04' 11.4"||279.69 mi||North||803.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 4:34 PM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||NW|
|Koror||Thu 4:34 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||WNW|
|Colonia||Thu 5:34 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NE|
|Manokwari||Thu 4:34 PM||849 km||527 miles||458 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Thu 3:34 PM||1123 km||698 miles||606 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Thu 4:34 PM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||SSE|
|General Santos||Thu 3:34 PM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Thu 5:34 PM||1243 km||773 miles||671 nm||NE|
|Manado||Thu 3:34 PM||1338 km||832 miles||723 nm||WSW|
|Gorontalo||Thu 3:34 PM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.