Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.99 meters/second, 1605.6 km/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 866.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.5"||997.55 mi||West||0° 10' 33.2"||12.09 mi||North||997.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 14.9"||754.97 mi||East||3° 59' 12.0"||273.99 mi||North||799.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nagercoil||Thu 5:04 PM||97 km||60 miles||52 nm||NNW|
|Thiruchendur||Thu 5:04 PM||141 km||88 miles||76 nm||NNE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 5:04 PM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||NNW|
|Tirunelveli||Thu 5:04 PM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||N|
|Thoothukudi||Thu 5:04 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NNE|
|Courtallam||Thu 5:04 PM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||NNW|
|Tenkasi||Thu 5:04 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||N|
|Kollam||Thu 5:04 PM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||NNW|
|Pathanamthitta||Thu 5:04 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||NNW|
|Colombo||Thu 5:04 PM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.