Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.96 meters/second, 1605.5 km/hour, 997.6 miles/hour or 866.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.7"||997.48 mi||West||0° 10' 32.8"||12.08 mi||North||997.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 13.7"||754.90 mi||East||3° 58' 59.3"||273.75 mi||North||799.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kollam||Thu 5:14 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 5:14 PM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||ENE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Thu 4:44 PM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||WSW|
|Kochi||Thu 5:14 PM||311 km||194 miles||168 nm||NNE|
|Theni||Thu 5:14 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||NE|
|Male||Thu 4:44 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||SSW|
|Madurai||Thu 5:14 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NE|
|Coimbatore||Thu 5:14 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||NNE|
|Colombo||Thu 5:14 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||E|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 5:14 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.