Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 12:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 12:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.79 meters/second, 1604.8 km/hour, 997.2 miles/hour or 866.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.4"||997.09 mi||West||0° 10' 29.9"||12.02 mi||North||996.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 07.5"||754.47 mi||East||3° 57' 39.8"||272.23 mi||North||798.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hadibu||Thu 3:46 PM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Thu 4:46 PM||1443 km||896 miles||779 nm||SSW|
|Male||Thu 5:46 PM||1525 km||948 miles||823 nm||ESE|
|Mogadishu||Thu 3:46 PM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||WSW|
|Aden||Thu 3:46 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||WNW|
|Muscat||Thu 4:46 PM||1786 km||1110 miles||964 nm||N|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 6:16 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Thu 6:16 PM||1864 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||NE|
|Pune||Thu 6:16 PM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||NE|
|Djibouti||Thu 3:46 PM||1920 km||1193 miles||1036 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.