Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 12:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 12:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.76 meters/second, 1604.8 km/hour, 997.1 miles/hour or 866.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.5"||997.03 mi||West||0° 10' 29.5"||12.02 mi||North||996.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 06.8"||754.41 mi||East||3° 57' 29.5"||272.03 mi||North||798.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Victoria||Thu 4:54 PM||1382 km||859 miles||746 nm||SSW|
|Mogadishu||Thu 3:54 PM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||WSW|
|Aden||Thu 3:54 PM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||WNW|
|Djibouti||Thu 3:54 PM||1713 km||1064 miles||925 nm||WNW|
|Male||Thu 5:54 PM||1734 km||1078 miles||936 nm||ESE|
|Sana||Thu 3:54 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||946 nm||WNW|
|Muscat||Thu 4:54 PM||1776 km||1103 miles||959 nm||N|
|Abu Dhabi||Thu 4:54 PM||1916 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||NNW|
|Dubai||Thu 4:54 PM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||N|
|Mumbai||Thu 6:24 PM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.