Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 1:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 13:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.64 meters/second, 1604.3 kilometres/hour, 996.9 miles/hour or 866.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.9"||996.76 mi||West||0° 10' 27.5"||11.98 mi||North||996.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 03.3"||754.13 mi||East||3° 56' 34.9"||271.00 mi||North||797.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Garowe||Thu 4:36 PM||94 km||58 miles||51 nm||NNE|
|Galkayo||Thu 4:36 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||SSW|
|Bosaso||Thu 4:36 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||NNE|
|Berbera||Thu 4:36 PM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||NW|
|Hargeisa||Thu 4:36 PM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||WNW|
|Aden||Thu 4:36 PM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Thu 4:36 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||NW|
|Mogadishu||Thu 4:36 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||SSW|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 4:36 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||NW|
|Dire Dawa||Thu 4:36 PM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.