Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 1:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 13:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.59 meters/second, 1604.1 km/hour, 996.8 miles/hour or 866.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.2"||996.65 mi||West||0° 10' 26.7"||11.96 mi||North||996.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 02.0"||754.03 mi||East||3° 56' 14.1"||270.60 mi||North||797.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Degehabur||Thu 4:52 PM||85 km||53 miles||46 nm||NW|
|Kebri Dahar||Thu 4:52 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||S|
|Hargeisa||Thu 4:52 PM||203 km||126 miles||109 nm||N|
|Berbera||Thu 4:52 PM||314 km||195 miles||169 nm||NNE|
|Dire Dawa||Thu 4:52 PM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||NW|
|Galkayo||Thu 4:52 PM||377 km||234 miles||203 nm||ESE|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 4:52 PM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Thu 4:52 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Thu 4:52 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NNW|
|Tadjoura||Thu 4:52 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.