Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.52 meters/second, 1600.3 km/hour, 994.4 miles/hour or 864.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.0"||994.25 mi||West||0° 10' 09.8"||11.64 mi||North||994.09 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 51.1"||751.96 mi||East||3° 48' 35.6"||261.86 mi||North||792.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Thu 4:34 PM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||S|
|Belém||Thu 4:34 PM||1559 km||969 miles||842 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Thu 4:34 PM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||WSW|
|Praia||Thu 6:34 PM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||ENE|
|Paramaribo||Thu 4:34 PM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||W|
|Recife||Thu 4:34 PM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Thu 3:34 PM||2154 km||1339 miles||1163 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Thu 3:34 PM||2334 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Thu 4:34 PM||2399 km||1491 miles||1296 nm||S|
|Dakar||Thu 7:34 PM||2411 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.