Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 19:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 19:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.52 meters/second, 1600.3 km/hour, 994.4 miles/hour or 864.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.57 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||north||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.1"||994.23 mi||west||0° 10' 09.6"||11.64 mi||north||994.07 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 51.1"||751.95 mi||east||3° 48' 32.9"||261.81 mi||north||792.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Thu 4:36 PM||1381 km||858 miles||745 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Thu 4:36 PM||1509 km||938 miles||815 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Thu 4:36 PM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 4:36 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||W|
|Praia||Thu 6:36 PM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Thu 4:36 PM||1921 km||1194 miles||1037 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Thu 3:36 PM||2101 km||1306 miles||1134 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Thu 3:36 PM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Thu 4:36 PM||2400 km||1491 miles||1296 nm||S|
|Castries||Thu 3:36 PM||2446 km||1520 miles||1321 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.