Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.33 meters/second, 1599.6 km/hour, 993.9 miles/hour or 863.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.5"||993.80 mi||West||0° 10' 06.7"||11.58 mi||North||993.64 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 51.9"||751.63 mi||East||3° 47' 12.8"||260.28 mi||North||791.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Thu 5:34 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 5:34 PM||398 km||248 miles||215 nm||SSW|
|Cayenne||Thu 5:34 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||SSE|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Thu 5:34 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||SW|
|New Amsterdam||Thu 4:34 PM||553 km||343 miles||298 nm||WSW|
|Georgetown||Thu 4:34 PM||587 km||364 miles||317 nm||WSW|
|Linden||Thu 4:34 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Thu 4:34 PM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||NW|
|Scarborough||Thu 4:34 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||WNW|
|Chaguanas||Thu 4:34 PM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.