Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 10:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 22:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.88 meters/second, 1598.0 km/hour, 992.9 miles/hour or 862.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.2"||992.81 mi||West||0° 09' 59.9"||11.45 mi||North||992.64 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 57.1"||750.97 mi||East||3° 44' 10.5"||256.81 mi||North||789.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alajuela||Thu 4:44 PM||105 km||65 miles||57 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Thu 4:44 PM||107 km||67 miles||58 nm||NE|
|Liberia||Thu 4:44 PM||169 km||105 miles||92 nm||NNW|
|Limón||Thu 4:44 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||ENE|
|David||Thu 5:44 PM||273 km||170 miles||147 nm||ESE|
|Masaya||Thu 4:44 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||NNW|
|Managua||Thu 4:44 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||NNW|
|Matagalpa||Thu 4:44 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||NNW|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Thu 5:44 PM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|Puerto Cabezas||Thu 4:44 PM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.