Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 23:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.74 meters/second, 1597.5 km/hour, 992.6 miles/hour or 862.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.4"||992.48 mi||West||0° 09' 57.6"||11.41 mi||North||992.31 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 59.4"||750.77 mi||East||3° 43' 10.8"||255.67 mi||North||788.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Escuintla||Thu 5:26 PM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||NE|
|Santa María Huatulco||Thu 5:26 PM||731 km||454 miles||394 nm||NNW|
|Guatemala||Thu 5:26 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||NE|
|Santa Ana||Thu 5:26 PM||780 km||485 miles||421 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 5:26 PM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||NE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Thu 5:26 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Thu 5:26 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||ENE|
|Oaxaca||Thu 5:26 PM||873 km||543 miles||472 nm||NNW|
|León||Thu 5:26 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||ENE|
|Acapulco||Thu 5:26 PM||986 km||613 miles||533 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.