Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 23:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.71 meters/second, 1597.4 km/hour, 992.6 miles/hour or 862.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.4"||992.42 mi||West||0° 09' 57.2"||11.40 mi||North||992.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 00.0"||750.73 mi||East||3° 42' 59.5"||255.45 mi||North||788.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa María Huatulco||Thu 5:34 PM||715 km||445 miles||386 nm||N|
|Oaxaca||Thu 5:34 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||N|
|Escuintla||Thu 5:34 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||NE|
|Acapulco||Thu 5:34 PM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||NNW|
|Guatemala||Thu 5:34 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||NE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Thu 5:34 PM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Thu 5:34 PM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 5:34 PM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||ENE|
|Veracruz||Thu 5:34 PM||1087 km||675 miles||587 nm||N|
|Mexico City||Thu 5:34 PM||1137 km||706 miles||614 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.