Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 23:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.68 meters/second, 1597.2 km/hour, 992.5 miles/hour or 862.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.4"||992.34 mi||West||0° 09' 56.7"||11.39 mi||North||992.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 00.6"||750.68 mi||East||3° 42' 45.3"||255.18 mi||North||788.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa María Huatulco||Thu 5:44 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Thu 5:44 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||N|
|Oaxaca||Thu 5:44 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Thu 5:44 PM||1108 km||688 miles||598 nm||N|
|Guatemala||Thu 5:44 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||ENE|
|Veracruz||Thu 5:44 PM||1136 km||706 miles||613 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Thu 5:44 PM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 5:44 PM||1201 km||746 miles||648 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 5:44 PM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||NNW|
|Leon||Thu 5:44 PM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.