Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 11:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 23:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.67 meters/second, 1597.2 km/hour, 992.5 miles/hour or 862.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.4"||992.32 mi||West||0° 09' 56.5"||11.39 mi||North||992.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 00.7"||750.67 mi||East||3° 42' 42.4"||255.13 mi||North||788.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa María Huatulco||Thu 5:46 PM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Thu 5:46 PM||823 km||512 miles||445 nm||N|
|Oaxaca||Thu 5:46 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Thu 5:46 PM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||N|
|Veracruz||Thu 5:46 PM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 5:46 PM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||ENE|
|Santa Ana||Thu 5:46 PM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 5:46 PM||1249 km||776 miles||675 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 5:46 PM||1302 km||809 miles||703 nm||NNW|
|Leon||Thu 5:46 PM||1311 km||814 miles||708 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.