Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.49 meters/second, 1596.6 km/hour, 992.1 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.6"||991.93 mi||West||0° 09' 53.8"||11.34 mi||North||991.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 04.5"||750.44 mi||East||3° 41' 30.7"||253.76 mi||North||787.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta||Thu 6:36 PM||1418 km||881 miles||765 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Thu 6:36 PM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 6:36 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Thu 5:36 PM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||NNE|
|Leon||Thu 6:36 PM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Thu 6:36 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Thu 6:36 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||NE|
|San Luis Potosi||Thu 6:36 PM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||NE|
|Veracruz||Thu 6:36 PM||2006 km||1247 miles||1083 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Thu 5:36 PM||2165 km||1345 miles||1169 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.