Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.46 meters/second, 1596.4 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.6"||991.85 mi||West||0° 09' 53.3"||11.33 mi||North||991.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 05.3"||750.39 mi||East||3° 41' 16.3"||253.49 mi||North||787.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Guadalajara||Thu 6:46 PM||1701 km||1057 miles||919 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Thu 5:46 PM||1729 km||1074 miles||933 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Thu 6:46 PM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Thu 6:46 PM||1862 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Thu 6:46 PM||1873 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Thu 6:46 PM||1966 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||NE|
|San Luis Potosi||Thu 6:46 PM||1993 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Thu 5:46 PM||2188 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||N|
|Veracruz||Thu 6:46 PM||2230 km||1386 miles||1204 nm||ENE|
|Mexicali||Thu 4:46 PM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.