Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 00:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.42 meters/second, 1596.3 km/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 861.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.6"||991.77 mi||West||0° 09' 52.7"||11.32 mi||North||991.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 06.0"||750.35 mi||East||3° 41' 01.9"||253.21 mi||North||787.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Thu 5:56 PM||1866 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 6:56 PM||1888 km||1173 miles||1020 nm||NE|
|Acapulco||Thu 6:56 PM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||ENE|
|Aguascalientes||Thu 6:56 PM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Thu 6:56 PM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Thu 5:56 PM||2240 km||1392 miles||1209 nm||NNE|
|Veracruz||Thu 6:56 PM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana||Thu 4:56 PM||2538 km||1577 miles||1370 nm||N|
|Mexicali||Thu 4:56 PM||2553 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||N|
|San Diego||Thu 4:56 PM||2559 km||1590 miles||1382 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.