Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 1:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 01:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.22 meters/second, 1595.6 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.9"||991.32 mi||West||0° 09' 49.7"||11.26 mi||North||991.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 11.0"||750.10 mi||East||3° 39' 40.9"||251.67 mi||North||786.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Thu 6:52 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1588 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Thu 5:52 PM||2959 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:52 PM||3112 km||1934 miles||1680 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco||Thu 5:52 PM||3201 km||1989 miles||1729 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:52 PM||3209 km||1994 miles||1733 nm||WNW|
|Phoenix||Thu 6:52 PM||3221 km||2001 miles||1739 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas||Thu 5:52 PM||3299 km||2050 miles||1781 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Thu 7:52 PM||3521 km||2188 miles||1901 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Thu 3:52 PM||3686 km||2291 miles||1991 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Thu 5:52 PM||3853 km||2394 miles||2081 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.