Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 43%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.40 meters/second, 1592.6 km/hour, 989.6 miles/hour or 859.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 31.1"||989.46 mi||West||0° 09' 37.3"||11.02 mi||North||989.27 mi|
|24 hours||348° 59' 22.0"||749.20 mi||West||3° 34' 10.5"||245.37 mi||North||783.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Fri 5:36 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 5:36 PM||1025 km||637 miles||553 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 5:36 PM||1361 km||846 miles||735 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 5:36 PM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 5:36 PM||1528 km||949 miles||825 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 4:36 PM||1932 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||W|
|Midway||Thu 6:36 PM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:36 PM||2132 km||1325 miles||1151 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:36 PM||2641 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 4:36 PM||2777 km||1726 miles||1500 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.