Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 07:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 07:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.93 meters/second, 1591.0 km/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.48 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 31.1"||988.50 mi||west||0° 09' 30.3"||10.89 mi||north||988.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 56.8"||748.83 mi||east||3° 31' 07.9"||241.90 mi||north||782.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 5:36 PM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||NNW|
|Saipan||Fri 5:36 PM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Fri 4:36 PM||1301 km||809 miles||703 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 6:36 PM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 4:36 PM||1577 km||980 miles||852 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Fri 4:36 PM||1840 km||1144 miles||994 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 5:36 PM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 7:36 PM||2411 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||ENE|
|Manado||Fri 3:36 PM||2553 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 7:36 PM||2626 km||1631 miles||1418 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.