Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 7:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 07:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.94 meters/second, 1591.0 km/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 31.1"||988.44 mi||West||0° 09' 30.4"||10.89 mi||North||988.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 56.6"||748.78 mi||East||3° 31' 09.6"||241.92 mi||North||782.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 5:36 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||NNW|
|Saipan||Fri 5:36 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Fri 4:36 PM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 6:36 PM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 4:36 PM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Fri 4:36 PM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 5:36 PM||2230 km||1386 miles||1204 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 7:36 PM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||ENE|
|Manado||Fri 3:36 PM||2581 km||1604 miles||1394 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 7:36 PM||2600 km||1616 miles||1404 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.