Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.75 meters/second, 1590.3 km/hour, 988.2 miles/hour or 858.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.47 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 31.1"||988.08 mi||west||0° 09' 27.5"||10.84 mi||north||987.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 05.0"||748.67 mi||east||3° 29' 54.7"||240.51 mi||north||781.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Fri 5:24 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||S|
|Davao||Fri 4:24 PM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Fri 4:24 PM||1140 km||708 miles||616 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Fri 6:24 PM||1166 km||724 miles||629 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Fri 5:24 PM||1293 km||804 miles||698 nm||S|
|Manado||Fri 4:24 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Fri 4:24 PM||1509 km||938 miles||815 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Fri 4:24 PM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Fri 5:24 PM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||SSE|
|Gorontalo||Fri 4:24 PM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.