Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 10:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 10:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.21 meters/second, 1588.3 km/hour, 986.9 miles/hour or 857.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.9"||986.79 mi||West||0° 09' 19.3"||10.68 mi||North||986.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 31.5"||748.20 mi||East||3° 26' 20.7"||236.41 mi||North||780.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hua Hin||Fri 5:44 PM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||NNW|
|Pattaya||Fri 5:44 PM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||N|
|Na Thon (Ko Samui)||Fri 5:44 PM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||SSW|
|Bangkok||Fri 5:44 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||N|
|Sihanoukville||Fri 5:44 PM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||ESE|
|Battambang||Fri 5:44 PM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Siem Reap||Fri 5:44 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||NE|
|Dawei||Fri 5:14 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||NW|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Fri 5:44 PM||445 km||277 miles||240 nm||NNE|
|Phuket||Fri 5:44 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.