Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.04 meters/second, 1587.7 km/hour, 986.6 miles/hour or 857.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.6"||986.42 mi||West||0° 09' 16.9"||10.63 mi||North||986.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 40.3"||748.08 mi||East||3° 25' 15.1"||235.16 mi||North||779.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Fri 4:56 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||E|
|Banda Aceh||Fri 6:26 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||SE|
|Yangon||Fri 5:56 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||NE|
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 4:56 PM||1060 km||659 miles||572 nm||NW|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 5:56 PM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||NNE|
|Bhubaneshwar||Fri 4:56 PM||1113 km||691 miles||601 nm||NNW|
|Bangkok||Fri 6:26 PM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||ENE|
|Chennai||Fri 4:56 PM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||W|
|Chittagong||Fri 5:26 PM||1229 km||764 miles||664 nm||N|
|Medan||Fri 6:26 PM||1237 km||769 miles||668 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.