Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.96 meters/second, 1587.5 km/hour, 986.4 miles/hour or 857.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.6"||986.24 mi||West||0° 09' 15.7"||10.61 mi||North||986.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 44.6"||748.03 mi||East||3° 24' 43.8"||234.56 mi||North||779.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trincomalee||Fri 5:16 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||WSW|
|Kalmunai||Fri 5:16 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||SW|
|Chennai||Fri 5:16 PM||620 km||386 miles||335 nm||WNW|
|Kandy||Fri 5:16 PM||714 km||444 miles||386 nm||SW|
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 5:16 PM||751 km||466 miles||405 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 5:16 PM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||SW|
|Colombo||Fri 5:16 PM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||SW|
|Madurai||Fri 5:16 PM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||W|
|Bengaluru||Fri 5:16 PM||904 km||561 miles||488 nm||WNW|
|Anantapur||Fri 5:16 PM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.